Which is the best carpet cleaning machine in the UK?VIEW OFFER →
Ad We earn commissions from purchases you make » read more
The 10 best carpet cleaning machines to buy in the UK
The top 10 list of the best carpet cleaning machines lists various brands and prices
Review10Best compares the best carpet cleaning machines in the UK and selects the one by VYTRONIX as the best carpet cleaning machine.In a carpet cleaning machine buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different carpet cleaning machines and see a recommendation on which carpet cleaning machine to buy in the UK in 2022.By considering the top list of carpet cleaning machines, you can find the best carpet cleaning machines and save time shopping online.
You are here: Homepage › Kitchen ›Best Carpet Cleaning Machine UK 2022
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate carpet cleaning machine buying guide
- View the carpet cleaning machine picks and see how they rank in the top list
VIEW THE TOP 10 LIST →
Best carpet cleaning machines: A complete buying guide
All you need to know before buying a great carpet cleaning machine
When looking for the best carpet cleaning machine for your home, it’s a good idea to do plenty of research so you find the most suitable model for your needs.While there are many great carpet cleaning machines out there, there are also many low-quality machines that are well worth avoiding.So, be sure to check out the guide below on how to find the right carpet cleaning machine for your home:
What are carpet cleaning machines?
As the name suggests, a carpet cleaning machine is a device used to clean carpets. While designs and functions can vary from each model, every carpet cleaner works to remove deep dirtand stains embedded within a carpet.For the most part, this is done through soaking the carpet with hot water treated with a good carpet cleaner before extracting the now-dirty water, leaving the carpetsmuch cleaner and fresher.
Why should you buy a good carpet cleaning machine?
The best carpet cleaning machine allows homeowners to maintain a high standard of hygiene in their carpets. As most people just vacuum their carpets, there’s a lot of dirt and debris thatremains embedded in the fibers that can cause allergies and look rather unpleasant.So, by using a good carpet cleaning machine, your carpets will not only look and smell much nicer, they will be more hygienic and likely to last much longer.If your home has a lot of carpets, then the right carpet cleaning machine is a fantastic investment!
How to choose the right carpet cleaning machine?
There are plenty of carpet cleaners out there worth buying, but there are also plenty of less than reliable machines that are best avoided. To ensure you get thebest carpet cleaner possible, consider some of the following:
- Features: The more cleaning features the machine has, the better. This is because they can help make the cleaning process faster and more efficient, so be sure to look out for featuressuch as auto-mix, dry vacuuming, water tank heater and attachable brushes.
- Power: Carpet cleaning machines with more power perform better. If you want a machine that will clean deep and through, look for something with a high wattage.
- Weight: An often-overlooked aspect, the best carpet cleaning machines tend to be the heaviest, and this can be troublesome for some people. Anyone that may have problems constantlymoving a heavy machine should look for a more portable or lightweight type of carpet cleaner, as you don’t want to struggle using it!
- Water Tank Capacity: If you have a lot of carpets that will be cleaned frequently, then a carpet cleaning machine with a large water tank will be the better option.This will save constantly having to refill the tank at the sink, reducing the time needed for cleaning.
What is the best kind of carpet cleaning machine in the UK?
There is a huge range of quality carpet cleaning machines out there. Some will be more suited for certain carpet sizes and conditions, while others will provide a range of additionalfeatures that you may find useful.
- Shampoo Carpet Cleaners: The standard carpet cleaning machine, it typically resembles an upright vacuum cleaner. It shampoos the carpet to remove stains, dirt, and spillages,helping to restore its appearance, making them great for most homes.They do leave the carpet wet, however, unless they come with a vacuum feature, which most modern machines do. Should it not, you will need to let the carpet dry naturally.
- Steam Carpet Cleaners: By utilizing steam as the main cleaning method, steam carpet cleaning machines are highly effective for sanitizing and cleaning carpets. Working at very high temperature, thesteam and cleaning solution combine to clean very deep, making them one of the best performing carpet cleaning machines.
- Spot Carpet Cleaners: Small and compact, these carpet cleaning machines are great for minor maintenance and dealing with spills and stains as they occur. To make them more portablethey do have smaller tanks, so they aren’t ideal for cleaning large areas of carpet. But as they are lightweight and easy to use they still make for a great cleaning tool in most households.
Top 10 list of carpet cleaning machines in the UK (October 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their carpet cleaning machines. Which carpet cleaning machine is the best?
Best choice TOP 1
VYTRONIX P800CW Upright Carpet Cleaner | Lightweight Deep Cleaning Carpet Washer, Rug & Carpet Shampooer | Stains, Odours, Allergens & Pet Hair Remover | Powerful 800W Motor
- POWERFULLY SIMPLE: We like to keep it simple. How? By creating home appliances that…
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: With its powerful 800W motor and lightweight 5.6kg design, the…
- REFRESH & DEEP CLEAN: Keep your carpets looking like they’ve just been…
Offer TOP 2
TANGZON 2000W Steam Cleaner, 1.5L Tank Cleaning Household Steam Mop, Multi-Purpose Steam Clean Machine with 19 Accessories for Carpet, Floors and Windows, 220V/240V (Blue)
- WIDELY USED: Our steam engine is equipped with 19 accessories, which are suitable…
- PORTABLE DESIGN: Equipped with two large wheels and movable cables, the steam cleaner…
- SAFETY PROTECTION: When there is no water in the water tank or the temperature is…
Vax Dual Power Carpet Cleaner | Dual rotating brushbars | Twin Tank technology - W86-DP-B
- 1 year guarantee
- Lightweight at 5.8 kg; Cord: 8m
- Twin Tank technology keeps clean and dirty water separate, Cleaning width: 30 cm
Swan Dirtmaster Carpet Cleaner, Lightweight Wet Cleaner for Carpets, Rugs and Car Seats, Deep Cleaning with Stain Removal, Refreshes and Neutralises lingering Pet Odours - Black (SC17310N)
- Large capacity tanks: For clean and dirty water, ensures extra cleaning for longer…
- Ideal for pet owners and families: As well as cleaning up splashes and spills, this…
- Lightweight design: The upright carpet cleaning machine makes cleaning carpets a…
Vax SpotWash Duo Spot Cleaner | Lifts Spills & Stains from Carpets, Stairs, Upholstery | Dedicated Messy Tool for Pets – CDCW-CSXA
- Both tools come with 2 interchangeable cleaning attachments: 1 Multipurpose attachment…
- Also includes a Messy Clean Up 2-in-1 Tool, ideal for cleaning up after pets, helping…
- Includes an Everyday 2-in1 Tool for quick clean ups and refreshes
BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution | Upright Cleaner | Carpets Dry in About 30 Minutes | Powerful Suction for Professional Results | 18583, Plastic, 800 W, 4.5 liters, Titanium/Red Berends
- HeatWave Technology helps to maintain the water temperature at consistent level throughout…
- Dual DirtLifter PowerBrushes loosen and remove deep down dirt from carpets and area…
- Lightweight design and low-profile foot make it easy to manoeuver around and under…
Vax Rapid Power 2 Reach Carpet Cleaner | Leaves carpets dry in under 1 hr | XL Reach & Capacity | Extra Tools - CDCW-RPXLR
- 2 year guarantee**
- Extra long reach for convenient stair cleaning
- Extra large tank for a longer clean
Vax Compact Power Carpet Cleaner | Quick, Compact & Light | Perfect for Small Spaces - CWCPV011
- Compact design for easy storage
- The twin tanks ensure clean and dirty water is kept separate
- Narrow floor head is elegant for reaching small spaces
Vax Dual Power Pet Advance Carpet Cleaner | Dual Rotating Brushbars | Pre-treatment wand and Wash Hose - CDCW-DPXA
- 1 year guarantee for complete peace of mind
- The pre-treatment wand and solution help tackle stubborn stains and is elegant for…
- Wash tool and 2.4 m stretch hose for stairs and upholstery cleaning
BISSELL SpotClean Pro | Our Most Powerful Portable Carpet Cleaner | Remove Spots, Spills & Stains | Clean Carpets, Stairs, Upholstery, Car Seats & More | 1558E, Titanium Black
- Comes with a sample size bottle of Wash and Protect Professional
- Includes a large stain & upholstery and a tough stain tool
- Large, seperate clean and dirty water tanks result in greater cleaning capabilities…
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best carpet cleaning machines, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a carpet cleaning machine test. Last Update: 2022/10/11.
What carpet cleaners do professionals use? ›
- Airflex Storm Fully Loaded. ...
- Airflex Storm Professional Carpet Cleaning Machine. ...
- Miniflex HX COMPACT Professional Carpet Cleaner. ...
- Airflex Pro Custom Spec. ...
- Airflex Pro with Built-in Adjustable Magma Instant Heater. ...
- Miniflex LX COMPACT Pro Carpet Cleaning Machine.
And we're beyond proud that 1001 Carpet Care is included in her must-haves! Recently, she demonstrated how to use 1001 Shampoo to tackle tough carpet stains in your home. If you missed her Instagram story, make sure to follow our 1001 account! We always reshare the best Mrs Hinch's tips and tricks.What is the difference between a carpet cleaner and a carpet shampooer? ›
A carpet shampooer uses a combination of detergent and water to clean carpets. A rotating brush loosens dirt in the carpet fibres while its powerful suction lifts dirt, stains and grime. On the other hand, a steam cleaner simply uses the power of hot water. It works by injecting hot, vaporised water into your carpets.Is it better to shampoo or steam clean carpets? ›
When choosing between steam cleaning and shampooing your carpet, you really can't go wrong with both, but steam cleaning would be the better option. It removes more unseen pests and dirt, and can handle heavy-duty cleaning without making you wait long for drying.What is the most powerful Bissell carpet cleaner? ›
BISSELL® SpotClean Pro™ & SpotClean Pet Pro. Easily tackle dirt and stains on carpet, upholstery, stairs, auto interiors, and more with our most powerful portable carpet cleaners.How do I deep clean my carpet? ›
Mix 1/4 cup salt, 1/4 cup borax, and 1/4 cup vinegar, then apply this paste to deep stains or heavily soiled sections of carpet. Allow the paste to sit on the carpet for several hours until it dries completely, then vacuum it away.How often should you clean your carpets? ›
To keep your carpet looking and performing at its best, The Carpet and Rug Institute recommends having your carpet professionally deep-cleaned every 12 to 18 months. Bear in mind that this recommended frequency is a general guideline only and can vary based on your particular circumstances.How do you clean carpet like a pro? ›
Don't add any soaps or any sort of additives to this water you want this to rinse the carpet out notHow do professionals clean carpets at home? ›
- Remove Dirt and Debris. Thoroughly vacuum on the rug on both sides. ...
- Mix Your Cleaner. When it comes to the actual cleaning solution, you can use a rug shampoo like this one from Bissell. ...
- Do a Color Test. ...
- Wash the Rug. ...
- Rinse the Rug. ...
- Remove Excess Water. ...
- Let the Rug Dry. ...
- Vacuum or Brush Out the Rug.
Most cleaning methods simply can't remove all the old hair, dust mites, dirt, soapy residues and chemicals. After the cleaning crew leaves, the gunk remaining in your carpeting acts like a magnet for a whole new layer of grime.
Why does shaving cream clean carpets? ›
Shaving foam is not just for shaving it is also an amazing inexpensive stain remover that works brilliantly on both carpets and mattresses . Shaving cream is simply a form of whipped soap. When applied it lathers up, penetrating and adding moisture to just about any stain .Can I use Zoflora in my carpet cleaner? ›
Don't put Zoflora inside your vacuum cleaning, inside your steam mop, or your iron, or anywhere else like that! Do not use Zoflora on polished wood as it may cause damage. Also, do not mix Zoflora with other cleaning products. Do not use Zoflora near candles, fires or any electronic items, as it is flammable.Will shaving cream remove stains in carpet? ›
An easy, low-cost solution to get rid of carpet stains is shaving cream. Spray the stain with some foam shaving cream (not the gel kind) and let it sit for 30 minutes. Then, blot it with a clean cloth. This solution works on a wide range of stain types, including grease.Which is better wet or dry carpet cleaning? ›
The wet method (specifically professional truck-mounted carpet cleaning) is the best choice for heavily soiled and heavily trafficked areas. If drying time is of the essence, the dry cleaning method may be preferable, especially in an office situation.How long does it take a carpet to dry after steam cleaning? ›
Steam cleaning can take anywhere from 8 to 24 hours to completely dry. However, it only takes 4 to 8 hours to dry when carpets are cleaned without the use of traditional steam cleaning methods that use large amounts of water due to their reliance on soaps and shampoos.Can I use vinegar in carpet shampooer? ›
The short answer is that you should not use vinegar for carpet cleaning. There is truth to the idea you can use vinegar as a natural disinfectant for cleaning but it cannot remove dirt or soil from a surface or from carpet.Is it worth shampooing a carpet? ›
Even if you vacuum regularly, dirt, grime, and stains can sink into carpet fibers deeper than a regular vacuum can reach. Thus, it's a good idea to shampoo your carpet once or twice a year, especially if you have pets in the home.Do professional carpet cleaners use steam? ›
Hot Water Extraction
Otherwise known as steam cleaning, this is easily the most common professional carpet cleaning technique. Steam cleaning uses hot water at high pressure to penetrate into carpet fibers, breaking down the dirt and bacteria stored deep within.
The answer will depend on what needs to be done. If you're looking to remove stains and filth, using a carpet shampooer is a better option. Steam cleaning carpet is applicable if you want to disinfect or remove small blotches of stain from carpets.How long does it take for carpet to dry after using Bissell? ›
How long does it take carpets and upholstery to dry after carpet cleaning? On the average, it will take approximately 2-4 hours for carpet and upholstery to dry after being carpet cleaned. To expedite the drying process, you will want to use a fan and increase your air circulation.
Are Vax carpet cleaners any good? ›
TechRadar Verdict. The Vax Platinum SmartWash does an excellent job of removing both fresh and embedded stains from carpets. It's easy to use, and while it's an expensive cleaner, it can save you money in the long term by prolonging the life of your carpets and upholstery.How does Bissell HeatWave technology work? ›
HeatWave Technology means that the heat that is generated by the motor gets redirected to underneath the water tank. This means that the temperature is maintained as long as the machine is being used, so you get a better cleaning result from start to finish.Should you rinse carpet after shampooing? ›
Detergent left in a carpet, serves as a magnet for new dirt. When finished shampooing, run a tank of clear water over the heavy cleaned areas (e.g. entrances and walkways). This will help remove excess shampoo and keep those areas cleaner for longer. It also helps to rinse out the shampoo from inside in the machine!How do you make old carpet look new? ›
Spritz a little warm water onto the matted area then gently blow-dry with a hairdryer as you fluff the carpet fibres back into place with your fingers, the edge of a spoon or a hairpin. Allow the carpet to dry completely before walking on it. Baking soda is the go-to solution for bringing your carpet back to life.Can baking soda clean carpets? ›
You can use baking soda (aka bicarbonate of soda) to clean and deodorize all kinds of carpet and area rugs, but the method used depends on whether the stain is grease-based (think pizza, oil, mayonnaise) or non-greasy (like mud, wine, blood). In all cases, the process starts by sprinkling baking soda over the stain.Which carpet washer is best in UK? ›
- The best for a deep clean: Vax Platinum Power Max ECB1SPV1.
- The best carpet cleaner under £300: Bissell StainPro 6 Carpet Cleaner 20096.
- The best cordless compact carpet cleaner: Vax ONEPWR SpotlessGo Cordless Spot Washer.
We find that most hotels clean their carpets every six months, which keeps everything looking nice year round.How many passes should you do with a carpet cleaner? ›
You shouldn't need to make more than two passes with cleaning solution (especially if you pre-treated stains) when deep cleaning your carpet.How do you make high traffic carpet look new? ›
- Vacuum your carpet.
- Deep clean your carpet every few months.
- Use a steam cleaner once or twice a year.
- Consider using a rug or runners in high-traffic areas.
- If you have any pets, groom them regularly.
- Avoid walking on wet carpet as much as possible.
- Vacuum Carpet Regularly. ...
- Deep Clean Occasionally. ...
- Leave Shoes at the Door. ...
- Improve Ventilation. ...
- Use a Dehumidifier. ...
- Deal With Spills. ...
- Deodorize With Baking Soda. ...
- Limit Activities That Cause Odors.
How can I get my white carpet white again? ›
Follow these steps to get your white carpet white again: To deep clean the entire rug, mix together water with a small amount of mild detergent. Using a clean sponge, dip in the water detergent mixture and scrub the rug. Start at the corner and work in a grid pattern to go over the entire rug.How do you disinfect a carpet? ›
Disinfect Your Carpet
White vinegar is a natural way to disinfect your carpets, and it's a simple and cost-effective process. Simply pour white vinegar into a spray bottle, mist it over the carpet and let it sit overnight.
Use a fan to blow air under the carpet and onto the pad. Next, you should attach a vacuum hose to your vacuum cleaner. Place the hose under the carpet and place the carpet over the hose. The stream of air created speeds up the drying process.Why did my carpet turned brown after cleaning it? ›
Wicking is when the carpet gets wet from cleaning, and the deeper parts of the carpet fibers absorb all that excess moisture. The deeper parts of the fiber then push that moisture upward through evaporation to the surface of the carpet, and this causes the browning of your home's carpet.What happens if you don't vacuum before carpet cleaning? ›
You get the best results after eliminating dirt and dust from the surface of your carpet. If the carpet is not vacuumed before steam cleaning, your carpet will look clean on the surface but remain dirty underneath. The steam cleaner cannot get rid of loose soil that is embedded deep inside the carpet fibers.How do I know if my carpet is professionally cleaned? ›
The fibers should feel soft and smell fresh. A clean carpet will also not have any signs of stains, mud, or contaminants. Clean carpets feel lighter and fluffier in hand once completely dry. In other words, a professionally well-cleaned carpet will feel as good as new.What does Mrs Hinch use to clean carpets? ›
And we're beyond proud that 1001 Carpet Care is included in her must-haves! Recently, she demonstrated how to use 1001 Shampoo to tackle tough carpet stains in your home.What does putting shaving cream on Broom do? ›
And then you're gonna rinse it on all out and it'll be bright shiny new and smell. Amazing numberDo foam carpet cleaners work? ›
Do carpet cleaning foams actually work? We've had feedback from many customers saying that in most cases, these cleaning foams don't work in removing the stain and can also tend to trap more dirt and grease. Many agree that using household remedies can work better.Can I use Dettol to clean carpet? ›
I have used the Dettol and it is pretty good. I just dread that urine smell so I usually "Dettol" it again - blot as much as possible so that carpet dries quickly.
Can you spray diluted Zoflora on carpets? ›
Another one of Mrs Hinch's favourite products is Zoflora, which can also be used on carpets and rugs.Do you need to rinse off Zoflora? ›
Don't let pets walk on surfaces that are wet from Zoflora. Always wipe down and rinse areas where you have used Zoflora thoroughly. Zoflora makes products specifically for homes with pets, so opt for those when it comes to cleaning toys and areas where your pets frequent.Does shaving cream bleach carpet? ›
Only plain, white shaving cream is safe to use on carpets because it contains no dyes or greasy emollients, but it is best to err on the side of caution and spot-test a small area before treating a large stain to ensure the shaving cream won't damage or stain your carpet.Does shaving cream get rid of stains? ›
Believe it or not, in addition to minimizing razor burn and rashes, turns out shaving cream is also a powerful stain remover. Thanks to the soapy and foamy nature of classic shaving creams, they work great for lifting up stubborn stains on everything from coffee stains to carpeting.Why does shaving cream clean? ›
The combination of soap, moisturizers, and other protective ingredients make shaving cream a surprisingly good cleaner for delicate items. You can use it to clean jewelry and other delicate items by covering them in shaving cream, rubbing it in with your fingers, and then wiping it clean with a soft cloth.How can I deep clean my carpet myself? ›
Mix 1/4 cup salt, 1/4 cup borax, and 1/4 cup vinegar, then apply this paste to deep stains or heavily soiled sections of carpet. Allow the paste to sit on the carpet for several hours until it dries completely, then vacuum it away.Do steam cleaners clean carpets? ›
Yes, steam cleaners can clean carpets. It does so utilizing steam from the hot water inside its reservoir. You'll need a machine with a nozzle (with a brush) and a tube to use it on carpets. Also, look for a model with a microfiber attachment to apply steam evenly.Is it worth getting a carpet cleaner? ›
If the floors in your home are covered in carpet and there are lots of feet—or paws—to make a mess of it, a dedicated carpet cleaner may be a wise addition to your cleaning closet. It can make short work of ground-in dirt and stains in a way that even the best vacuums can't.How long does it take for carpet to dry after cleaning? ›
Your carpet will be only slightly damp to the touch after your cleaning. Most carpets typically need 6-10 hours to dry completely. However, it could take up to 24 hours to dry depending on the time of year your carpets are cleaned, and the air circulation, humidity and temperature in your home.How do you clean carpet like a professional? ›
Don't add any soaps or any sort of additives to this water you want this to rinse the carpet out not
Should you rinse carpet after shampooing? ›
Detergent left in a carpet, serves as a magnet for new dirt. When finished shampooing, run a tank of clear water over the heavy cleaned areas (e.g. entrances and walkways). This will help remove excess shampoo and keep those areas cleaner for longer. It also helps to rinse out the shampoo from inside in the machine!How can I make my carpet look new again? ›
- Vacuum your carpet.
- Deep clean your carpet every few months.
- Use a steam cleaner once or twice a year.
- Consider using a rug or runners in high-traffic areas.
- If you have any pets, groom them regularly.
- Avoid walking on wet carpet as much as possible.
So, where does the dirt go when you steam clean? Actually, it doesn't go anywhere. Instead, the heat and vapour of steam cleaning ensure that all the unwanted substances or stains are fully broken down and easy to get rid of.What is the best way to clean a carpet? ›
- Sprinkle baking soda over the surface of your carpet.
- Mix carpet shampoo (that you've color tested) with warm water; then add the mixture to a spray bottle.
- Spray the cleaning liquid over the carpet.
- Brush with a carpet brush.
- Blot the area.
- Spray again with warm water only.
Steam cleaning is highly effective at removing stains, but it's not foolproof. There are a couple of situations where your stains may persist even after steam cleaning. In this case the backing of the carpet may also be stained as the thinning left it exposed.Is steam carpet cleaning worth it? ›
Using carpet extraction is probably the best deep-cleaning method you can use on your carpets. Because it combines hot water with chemicals, it cleans much more than just the surface of your carpet-it can remove dirt and debris that have sunk deep into your carpet.
To keep your carpet looking and performing at its best, The Carpet and Rug Institute recommends having your carpet professionally deep-cleaned every 12 to 18 months. Bear in mind that this recommended frequency is a general guideline only and can vary based on your particular circumstances.How often should you shampoo your carpet? ›
Your carpet is a major part of your home's comfort, and you want it to look its best. People wonder, “How often should you shampoo carpets?” and “Do carpet cleaners get stains out?” Professionals recommend having someone professionally clean your carpets every 12 to 18 months to remove dirt.What do you put under furniture after cleaning carpet? ›
Sometimes it's not easy to move the furniture out of the way to deep clean a carpet. This is where furniture foam blocks come in! By raising the furniture upon them you clean the carpet without getting the furniture wet. Foam furniture blocks are an easy way to protect your furniture so you can get the job done.Why does my carpet smell worse after shampooing? ›
One of the main reasons why carpets smell after a deep clean is the underlay. Basically, this part of the carpet padding is not exposed to direct light or air, so it takes a lot more time to dry properly. And you know what excess moisture leads to? Precisely – mould and mildew smell after carpet cleaning.
Why is my carpet still wet after cleaning? ›
Naturally, all carpet cleaners will leave some moisture, which will dry out in the hours following the cleaning process. However, if the carpet remains wet long after cleaning, it's because the final step of that process was insufficient.